High Quality Sydney Deck Builder
Are you stuck between a timber deck or innovative composite boards? As a leading deck builder in Sydney, we’ve helped thousands of families solve this problem and enjoy a durable, beautiful deck that enhances their quality of life – and we’re here to help you do the same.
Rated as the #1 Sydney deck builders, the team at UrbanArch Building has over 12 years of experience in custom, one-of-a-kind deck building for homeowners.
We specialise in custom-built timber and composite decks, with all decking projects high-quality, visually stunning, and delivered on time. What’s more, we put our heart and soul into our work. As a father-son team, we know how important your home is to you, and we know that having the perfect decking is part of providing a welcoming, inviting space for your family and loved ones.
If you want to learn more, check out our articles:
So let’s start working out your ideal decking product.
Why Choose Urban Arch Building for your Sydney deck project?
As a close-knit father and son team, we’re passionate about our craft and our role in improving your quality of life. While other deck builders see this as a home improvement project, we see it as a life improvement project.
We take great pride in ensuring that our customers (that’s you!) have the perfect option for their homes and needs. That means we ensure that:
- We’ll exceed expectations in craftsmanship
- Your deck will be crafted with the ultimate attention to detail.
- Your project will be completed on time and within budget.
- Your project will be custom designed to meet your needs.
- Our customer service team will always be available as soon as possible.
- Our clients benefit from our expertise in using leading-edge technology to render 3D project designs that allow a full 360-degree view of the completed project before construction begins.
- Custom Designs: We offer designs to fit our clients’ unique styles and needs. This can include various design features such as multi-level decking, built-in seating and planters, and customized railings.
- Sustainable Materials: UrbanArch Building are leaders in using sustainable materials for our clients. A focus on composite decking, recycled plastic, and responsibly sourced timber lies at the core of our work for clients. If environmentally conscious building practices are important to your choices, call us for an in-depth discussion of your project needs.
- Maintenance Services: Our ongoing maintenance service ensures that client decks remain in top condition. This can include regular cleaning, sealing, and repairs.
- Each project has a dedicated project manager who will schedule all the work required for your project and will work closely with you to ensure that your project is delivered to a very high standard and is all that you want it to be.
What Are My Options?
Steps are a good way to transition from your terrace to the other sections of your yard or entertaining areas. Longer runs of steps add a real touch of elegance to your finished project. Wider steps can be useful for older family members and young children.
Adding a privacy screen to your balcony can make a world of difference to the enjoyment of your outdoor entertaining area. From screening off a utility area so it doesn’t spoil the look to providing privacy to both yourself and your neighbours can bring another level of use for your balcony.
Frameless glass is a perfect, flawless and contemporary look for your new balustrade project. It will give a smooth and sophisticated look and feel. Not only does it look wonderful, but your views will also be enhanced with a clean and unobstructed view.
With over 14 years of experience, we’ve got a long history of helping families unlock the potential of their outdoor space at a price that works for them. Let’s chat about how we can do the same for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does decking need a foundation?
Yes, it does need to be built on a foundation. The type of foundation will depend on whether you choose a ground-level board or an elevated option. For ground level, for example, the best substructure material to use is H4 timber which has been specially designed to resist the effects of water and moisture.
For an elevated option, the foundation should include concrete piers and posts. H3 treated timber or steel pr aluminium is well suited to this type of substructure.
Do you offer any warranties?
Our deck builders offer an 8 year unlimited warranty on all our work. You can find more information about our offerings and service standards here.
How thick should the decking be?
For a timber deck, the dimensions are usually between 19 and 25 mm thick. Check that your chosen board meets Australian design standards. The board thickness not only helps ensure the strength of the board but also largely determines its durability over time.
Will plants grow under my deck?
No. They are generally installed with a weed barrier fabric underneath, along with the gravel or other materials. This can prevent plants from growing under your deck and damaging its structural integrity.
Do you need permits to hire a deck builder?
Yes, most projects do require a permit because of their size and construction requirements.
It’s always best to get the right permits in order to remain in compliance with local regulations. To know your exact permit requirements, we recommend that you get in touch with your council and find out if there are any regulations surrounding the height, size and type of deck you build, as well as the materials used and how it’s built.
If you’re looking for high-quality decking, give us a call on 0413 185 735 or email us with your enquiry by filling in the form here and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Why Choose UrbanArch Building?
We understand you are investing your hard-earned funds - so we invest our skill, patience, and energy to deliver your finished vision using quality materials - not second-hand or auction sourced.
On-Time & Within Budget
We arrive on time, and we will stick to the budget agreed upon. You’ll receive a schedule of work, explaining the workflow and schedule for your project.
Attention to Detail
We do the job the way it is supposed to be done - no shortcuts and we pay attention to the small details - every single time!
We are a locally and family-owned business. That means, we know exactly what every home and business owner deserves.
We offer a custom design and if you want something a little or a lot different - we can help you out.
We Genuinely Care
We genuinely care and we are committed to our clients with exceptional levels of customer care.
We are fast and responsive. If you ring us, we will answer you straight away.
You are our client - we will always look after you.